Help Make a Green Difference
There are many ways that you can help make a difference by supporting the Green Team. Here are a few ideas. Contact us if you can help or if you have any suggestions.
- Obtain Free Promotional Print Materials. If you know of a business who may provide design or printing service for FREE or give us a substantial discount, please contact us.
- Drinking Fountain Water Testing. The Green Team would like to conduct a water fountain and bottled water quality comparison test. If the drinking fountain has water quality issues, we would like to find solutions to repair or filter them. The goal is to wean our students and community from using plastic bottles.
- Green Science Projects and Service Learning. The Green Team would like to help bridge Green projects with the school curriculum and student/college counseling. Such projects could include recycling, restoring, composting, gardening, water testing, design contest, media promotion, food waste reduction and donation. If you are an expert or have experience on any of these projects, or if you are a teacher at L.A.C.E.S. and would like to get help to incorporate any of these projects into your class, please contact us.
- Matching Fund. We are looking for individuals or businesses who can match our Green for Green fundraiser. If you or your business can match the funds by any percentage, it will encourage our community to participate in our Green for Green events, and your money will be reinvested in our Green projects and help L.A.C.E.S. continue its tradition of excellence.
- Join the Green Team. Sign up to be a member of the Green Team to be included in discussions and the latest updates. Volunteer for Green Team events, help coordinate with any of the above projects, and make wonderful like-minded friends.
Don't be overwhelmed, just do the best you can. Watch this inspirational video clip to give you one more reason to do something to help.