LACES' teaching and learning is grounded in Common Core and Content Standards, data-driven, and results oriented. Instruction is strategic and personalized through differentiation and acceleration.Of philosophy is that all students can achieve excellence when effective conditions are created and developed.
Our Critical Focus Areas are determined by our:
- Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) goals
- WASC Review Critical Areas and Recommendation
- Student Learning Outcomes - SLOs.
- Student need
All professional development is collaborative and strenghtens our practice of the following researched-strategies, which have proven to be crucial for academic success:
- Daily communication with students about the content standards they are learning and student learning objectives/outcomes
- Intentional instructional strategies using all modalities and intelligences for diverse learners
- Discussion techniques and accountable talk
- Levels of Questioning
- Purposeful Grouping
- Use of Academic Language
- Timely and Actionable Feedback to Students
- Differentiation in 1) instructional delivery, 2) instructional strategies, 3) product, 4) assessment
- Daily assessment of learning – informal/formal methods, techniques, products/assignments
- Evidence of Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
We offer an extensive Advanced Placement program and use vertical and horizontal planning to ensure that benchmarks and goals are progressive; expectations and rigor are aligned across disciplines and grades levels.