SENIORS Class of 2017
Deadline for all Early Action/Decision - October 15
Deadline for Regular Decision - November 1
¨ Resume on Naviance . Deadline: October 15
¨ Finalize College List on to Naviance (under College Tab) Deadline: October 15
o If you decide to add other colleges after this date you must see Ms. Lopez specifically if they require letters of recommendation or any forms to be submitted.
¨ Take SAT and/or ACT
¨ Send SAT/ ACT scores to colleges and universities
o 1. One UC 2. One CSU 3- 6. To other colleges.
** December is the last ACT or SAT that you may register for, fee waivers available in the college center
How Many Letters to Request.
Most colleges will require 1-2 Letters of Recommendation. You may not request more than 2 core teachers (Math, English, and Science). Teachers will have the right to decline requests. If students would benefit from one more letter from a non core teacher complete an option 3rd request.
INSTRUCTIONS: To Request letters of recommendation
Part 1: Create Common App Account. www.commonapp.org. Add colleges you are applying to and complete FERPA waiver form.
Part 2: Add colleges to your Naviance account and link common app to Naviance.
Part 3: Ask teachers in person first about requesting a recommendation. Then Request teachers through Naviance in College Tab.
Part 4: Complete tasks required for recommendations on Planner tab in Naviance.
- Build Resume, Due date: 10/15
- Parent Brag Sheet, Due date: 10/15 This is optional
- Student Brag Sheet, due date: 10/15
- LACES Teacher Recommendation Brag Sheet #1, due date: 11/1
- LACES Teacher Recommendation Brag Sheet #2, due date: 11/1
** Due Date October 1, for Early Decision, Early Action, or Restrictive Early Action.
For Step by Step directions to request letters of recommendations see "Detailed Student Guide Recommendation Request" Document
When Completing documents on Naviance:
- Be specific in the information included in each section. If you use an acronym for an organization, be sure to explain it if it's meaning is not commonly known.
- Be sure that all responses include sufficient details. The more information you provide, the more informed and complete your counselor's assessment of you can be.
- Remember, the purpose of a counselor's recommendation is to explain to the college what makes you special!